In 2011, Kinh Do will push ahead with its agenda consistent with the long-term strategy of striving for sustainable growth by seizing market opportunities during economic recovery and solidifying its business infrastructures to ready for future growth, and by achieving such, the Company will consolidate its position as the leading food company. The Board of Directors and company management have unanimously decided to focus on the core business of food production and marketing. The Company will achieve yet another year of high growth in 2011, despite multiple disruptions at the macro-economic level. In particular, Kinh Do has projected its sales and profits for the year as follows:
(*) Consolidated numbers were provided by the Company for reference purposes and based on the audited 2010 Financial Statements of the 3 member companies KDC, NKD, and KIDO, after adjusted for internal transactions.
ICE-CREAM & DAIRY PRODUCTS
GAIN MARKET SHARES, EXPANDING MARKETS TO KEEP UP WITH DEMANDS
- Expand its product offerings to meet consumer demands from all market segments, while continuing to build ice-cream & dairy products as KIDO’s core products in the next 3 years.
- Maximize sales from domestic market and expand to neighboring countries. Localize products to suit Vietnamese consumers’ taste and habits.
- Diversify imported product ranges to leverage existing logistic, sales and distribution system.
- Improve internal capabilities and partnership with strategic suppliers.
- Improve effectiveness of quality assurance system to uphold the Company’s commitment to consumers to market only products of good nutrition, quality, and hygiene standards.
- Consolidate leadership position; keep competition at a distant by innovations: products, channels, promotion activities.
- Lead market in such critical areas as product quality, after-sales services, and value.
FURTHER MARKET SHARE LEAD
- Relaunch AFC to gain market share and increase lead relative to 2nd and 3rd competitors.
- Optimize cost structure to improve competitive pricing.
- Expand export markets.
- Invest in new production lines to increase capacity and manufacture new, more premium products.
IMPROVE PRODUCT QUALITIES
- Overhaul product qualities; launch new, more premium ranges to capture market opportunities.
- Develop 2 major lines: traditional cookies and Danish cookies.
- Penetrate deeper Tet gifting market.
- Expand export markets.
Diversify product portfolio to cater to multiple market segments
- Invest in equipment and R&D to produce new, breakthrough products to capture increasing and more demanding needs of the market.
- Penetrate deeper the mass segment.
- Develop high quality products to cater to more premium segments.
- Broaden product portfolio with the all-new wafer biscuits.
- Increase shares in domestic market and expand to ASEAN countries with new products.
MORE PREMIUM PRODUCTS AND DEEPER PENETRATIONS
GROW TOPLINE SALES
- Diversify snack product offerings from both own internal sources and external suppliers (e.g. OEM) to accelerate market penetration.
- Improve existing product quality; invest in R&D to develop and (re)launch better products to meet consumer demands.
- Optimize costs, especially manufacturing cost, to improve profitability.
CHOCOLATE & CANDIES DIVISION
RESTRUCTURE PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- Enlarge product portfolio with new natural fruit hard candies to gain market share in mainstream segment.
- Penetrate the jelly candy segment.
- Invest for promoting current Candy Brands.